WE has an opportunity for an aspiring senior account executive in our Austin office. You’d contribute to both a long-standing client in the midst of some exciting growth working across business, consumer, financial and trade media as well as direct to customer campaigns. This role would be an integral part of the Technology Sector at WE while contributing to our continued growth in our dynamic Austin office.
Who are we looking for?
A communications professional that knows how to tell a technology story in more ways than one. You understand that there’s more to technology than just speeds and feeds; that there is business impact and consumer reach. You’re comfortable with building out a campaign strategy that pulls owned content and social media levers, while you’re equally at home as a storytelling trailblazer who shapes the voice of the world’s top brands.
Being bold, rallying the team and delivering quality work are your first loves; skillfully navigating a complex business environment and strategically counseling clients across geographies is second nature.
You bring your industry savvy and media insights and we’ll pair you with amazing clients looking to take leadership positions and continue to creatively grow. Together you’ll transform what the face of consumer technology in the home can be. Sound like your dream job? Come join the family. Our mission is a big one and we’re looking for the very best!
- Build & grow relationships with key, senior level media/influencers
- Conceive & tell strategic stories apart from client business milestones
- Serve as day-to-day contact for media/influencers; share knowledge
- Conduct outreach relevant to integrated marketing or other campaign tactics
- Oversee management of reactive requests, proactively influence & garner coverage
- Contribute to brainstorms & strategic campaign development
- Provide timely and in-depth analysis of coverage results & trends
Digital & Social Media Acumen
- Partner with the agency’s social/digital leads to drive news strategies
- Lead integrating fresh thinking for social media brainstorms & campaign development
- Oversee account activity & engagements with the agency’s social/digital divisions
- Responsible for consistency of voice/tone among the client’s different social media properties
- Manage the social editorial calendar (& integration with marketing calendar – newsletters, website updates, etc.)
- Provide strategic counsel to key clients & serve as a trusted advisor on clients & competitors
- Assure internal & external stakeholders are aligned
- Negotiate & manage client expectations & satisfaction
- Participate in, and may drive, communication planning
- Execute tasks associated with projects; lead certain aspects of project
Business Acumen & Strategic Thinking
- Develop and contribute to integrated communications plans
- Drive cross-team integration/ collaboration
- Build awareness & showcase capabilities, talent & results internally & externally
New Business Development
- Become familiar with WE capabilities across the agency including global region specialties in comparison to competitor agencies
- Serve in a lead research role on organic growth new business efforts including sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data
- Understand & identify potential opportunities to grow & diversify existing account
- Begin to develop and nurture network of peer contacts outside the agency
- Begin gaining management skills by mentoring junior level staff
- Be a peer resource to staff, interns & new hires
- Manage up to senior staff